Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Our Ocean Procurement Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As an Ocean Data Operations Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for team members who will focus on analysis and building out quantitative tools for the team. All will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Know Ocean Contracts Inside and Out
● Work with our contracts and compliance stakeholders to know the nuances of ocean carrier contracts
● Be an internal resource on true costs and market trends
Work Cross-Functionally with Flexport’s Finance Team:
● Be the Ocean representative on all disputesBe the Ocean representative on all disputes
● Continue to develop and review Flexport’s bill dispute process
● Review and advise on all possible disputes
Focus on strategy and development:
● You will create tools for internal use to build efficiency and share knowledge, both within the team and company
● You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing compliance as needed for new projects
● We’re still a young company with a lot to learn and build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, and ready to jump into something new
You should have:
● Interest in numbers and data accuracy
● Be extremely detail-oriented–need next-level attention to detail
● BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
● 0-2 years of experience at a startup or in a business operations, supply chain, or project management role
● Excel background required; SQL skills a plus (must at least have a willingness to learn)
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
● Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See
something broken? Fix it!
● The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
● A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we’ve raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
● Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
● What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
● We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, click here https://www.flexport.com/careers/job/2005490 .
For further information, please contact Juliette Rossignol (firstname.lastname@example.org).