At the European Regional Headquarters, based in Hoofddorp, Yusen Logistics offers a great job opportunity for a Tender Coordinator. Venturn is looking for a BSc graduate (preferably in Supply Chain Management or Logistics). Are you analytical and eager to start your career in logistics in a world-leading total logistics provider? This is the ideal opportunity for you!
Yusen Logistics is a world-leading total logistics provider. They offer a truly global service, supplying contract logistics, warehousing, transportation & distribution services, freight forwarding and supply chain management in one cost effective package. The company’s European region employs almost 6.000 employees and operates 77 facilities with over 670,000 m2 of warehousing space throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia.
The Tender Coordinator will support the air freight forwarding (AFF) and ocean freight forwarding (OFF) business in executing the growth strategy.
Main tasks and activities are, but may not be limited to:
- Handling and administrating tender submissions;
- Adopting excellent relationships with tender stakeholders (e.g. European OPCOs);
- Conducting data analysis to identify and structure recommendations to management for decision making;
- Having regular communication with stakeholders across countries/continents to obtain relevant information for tenders;
- Organizing and ensuring data accuracy on all information for tender submission;
- Executing all bids & tenders in accordance with pre-defined strategy;
- Tracking outcome of completed bids & tenders and providing feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- BSc/MSc degree, preferably in the area of logistics.
- Strong communication skills in English is essential;
- Foreign language ability would be advantageous.
Experience and knowledge
- 0-2 years of experience, working in logistics or freight forwarding
- A proven knowledge of the logistics industry dynamics is preferable, in terms of supply and demand, pricing, rating structures, surcharges, schedules, etc.;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the competitive marketplace and our competitors is preferable;
- Commercial experience would be beneficial;
- Computer skills: MS Excel is mandatory (intermediate / advanced), along with IT systems knowledge.
- Ability to work within an environment of consensus and cultural sensitivity is essential;
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills is essential;
- Constructive and creative thinker;
- Practical and problem-solving capacities;
- Ability to tie up all the loose ends and finish a job will be of importance;
- Proactivity, assertiveness, competitiveness and being direct in your communication.
Next to an international working environment, Yusen Logistics Europe offers excellent labor conditions.
Application on Venturn’s website: